home what'snew resources ask amy news activism antiviolence events marketplace aboutus
Ask a Question!
Meet Amy!
Amy's Resource Guide
Ask Amy Main
Most Asked Questions
Reproductive Rights
Sexual Harassment
Violence Against Women
Women's History
Work/ Career

I want to work to progress the interests of women. I have a BA in Political Science and I am about to complete my masters in the same field. I have spent the past 8 years working in an unrelated field and I want out. Who can I talk to get some advice? Where can I write? I'm educated, intelligent and committed.

Thanks for your note to FEMINIST.COM and for your interest in moving this movement along. Because there are many excellent places out there--all of which would certainly welcome you--I suggest that you explore some of the organizations that you are most impressed with and write to them to learn what is available. There are so many different directions you can go in--campaigns, political action committees, issue specific groups, grassroots campaigns, working for a representative, working on international issues, etc.....There are several organizations listed within FEMINIST.COM's section of General Women's Resources that would be an excellent place to start your search--the Center for Women's Policy Alternatives, The American Association of University Women, the Washington Feminist Faxnet,....Looking around here would be the best place to start.

home | what's new | resources | ask amy | news | activism | anti-violence
events | marketplace | about us | e-mail us | join our mailing list

©1995-2002 Feminist.com All rights reserved.