home what'snew resources ask amy news activism antiviolence events marketplace aboutus
Ask a Question!
Meet Amy!
Amy's Resource Guide
Ask Amy Main
Most Asked Questions
Reproductive Rights
Sexual Harassment
Violence Against Women
Women's History

I am a "returning student" and my question is: Do you happen to know if any of your subscribers offer scholarships for displaced homemakers? Any information you may provide to me would be of great benefit. Thank you, Caron

My first suggestion for scholarships is the Third Wave Foundation -- however, I'm not sure of your age and these are only available to women 30 and under. My next suggestion is to contact a program, Critical Difference for Women, located at Ohio Univeristy--(614) 292-6446. They have a program specifically for students of a "non-traditional age"--whatever that means. There are also schools such as Smith College (located in Northampton, MA) and Marymount College (New York, NY)--which have similar programs--all of which have scholarships available. You may not want to move and therefore, these programs might not interest you. However, they may know about similar programs in your area.

I hope that helps--and mostly I hope you find the money you need to continue your education. Education shouldn't be this hard.


home | what's new | resources | ask amy | news | activism | anti-violence
events | marketplace | about us | e-mail us | join our mailing list

©1995-2002 Feminist.com All rights reserved.