home what'snew resources ask amy news activism antiviolence events marketplace aboutus
Ask a Question!
Meet Amy!
Amy's Resource Guide
Ask Amy Main
Most Asked Questions
Reproductive Rights
Sexual Harassment
Violence Against Women
Women's History

Hello, I am a german political scientist, feminist and interested in contacting other women who are investigating and working with, for and/or over women. Right now I am living in Costa Rica to realize studies for my doctorate. The subject is about women in politics, political participation and citizenship in Costa Rica. I would be glad to get a message of you.

Thanks for the work that you are doing. I am not that familiar with any political work going on in Costa Rica, however, I am not clear about whether or not that is the only country where you are doing research. In terms of research on women in politics in the United States, I suggest that you contact:

1.) The National Women's Political Caucus based in Washington, DC
2.) The Eagleton Institute's Center for the American Women in Politics, which is located at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey .
3. In the U.S. there is also the Center for Women's Global Leadership--#908-932-8782.

As for groups in Costa Rica, you should contact:
1.) Asociacion Andar Costa Rica, which works to strengthen the role of women's groups. (San Pedro de Montes de Oca, San Jose, Costa Rica--#242788; fax # 243903)
2.) Colectivo Pancha Carrasco, which promotes participation of women. (Calle 24 y 26, Avenida 3, Apartado Postal 7-3200; San Jose, Costa Rica - #215-755).

There are many more groups as well, but hopefully the above is a start and that they can more directly help you. Good luck with your work.


home | what's new | resources | ask amy | news | activism | anti-violence
events | marketplace | about us | e-mail us | join our mailing list

©1995-2002 Feminist.com All rights reserved.