VIDEO: How can we break America’s highest glass ceiling?
Highlights video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QNjmbmdNdQ
Inspired by feminist.com Founder Marianne Schnall's book What Will It Take To Make A Woman President?, Political Parity, Running Start and the Women Under Forty PAC convened some of the nation’s leading voices for a conversation on why a woman has yet to break America’s highest glass ceiling.
In the video above:
• Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton advocates for diverse public leadership.
• Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen explains the value of electing women on both sides of the aisle.
• Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz describes the barriers women face in envisioning a pathway to politics.
• NFL veteran and political activist Don McPherson calls out the lack of men involved in the conversation.
• Founder of The White House Project Marie C. Wilson emphasizes the importance of building a strong bench of female leaders.
• Janet Foutty, principal at Deloitte (our generous sponsor for this event), encourages us to lift up examples of healthy work-life balance.
The panel was moderated by political consultant and TV personality Marjorie Clifton.
Join the conversation for a #WomanPrez on Twitter with @politicalparity, @wufpac, @runningstartDC, @feministdotcom and @womanpresbook
You can view an extended video of this conversation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBH-az4xKXw
For more information, you can also visit Feminist.com's special section about the book for news about a number of exciting related events and programs.